Post Operative Instructions following IV Sedation
- Have an adult to drive you home after the IV sedation appointment and to stay with you for the next 24 hours until the effects of the IV sedation have worn off.
- Don’t perform any hazardous activities.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery for 24 hours.
- Do not take over responsible tasks or take important decisions for at least 24 hours until you are fully mentally alert.
- Do not eat a heavy meal immediately after IV sedation. If you’re hungry, have only a light meal.
- If you experience nausea, lie down for a while. If the symptoms are intense contact your dentist.
- Do not smoke or drink alcohol following the administration of IV conscious sedation.
- Take any medication prescribed by the dentist. Do not take any other medications for the rest of the day unless they have been discussed and approved by your sedation dentist.