Want to know more about our most popular peel and why its everyone’s favourite ….
Mandelic Peels are one of the most sought after peels, especially this time of year! With minimal downtime and great results there is no surprise its so popular. The perfect introduction to medical grade skin care.
What is Mandelic Acid?
Mandelic acid is a type of alpha hydroxy acid that’s extracted from bitter almonds.
Alpha hydroxy acids are also found in other types of food, such as citrus fruits, grapes, and tomato juice. These natural exfoliating agents come in different strengths and produce varied effects when applied to the skin however does not trigger erythema.
Benefits of Mandelic acid peels
This peels gentle peeling effect can be attributed to its molecular structure.
Since its molecules are larger than those found in glycolic acid and other alpha hydroxy acids, mandelic acid takes longer to penetrate the skin’s surface. This makes it less likely to cause irritation.
As a chemical peel, Mandelic acid offers a wide range of treatment benefits:
- Reducing dark spots
- Improving skin texture
- Lightening freckles
- Refining skin tone
- Unclogging skin pores
- Reducing acne
- Lightening skin tone
- Reducing fine lines
- Evening out the complexion
- Being compatible with all skin types
How long does the treatment take and what does it involve?
You will need a 20 minute appointment. We will remove any make-up, prepare the skin and apply the peel with a vial brush.
Your first peel will have an exposure time of 10 minutes maximum.
How many will I need?
We recommend 1-3 peels with varying exposure times depending on what you are trying to achieve. This can be discussed at your consultation appointment.
Post treatment advice
- No saunas, sunbeds or extreme cold for 2 weeks after treatment or at all if undergoing a course of treatment.
- No make up for 24 hours post treatment, however do apply a minimum factor of 30SPF post treatment.
- No alcohol or sun exposure 24 hours post treatment.
- Do not use any harsh facial scrubs or creams.
- Follow where possible your personalised skin care advice to prevent further damage and give you optimum results.
- 1-2 litres of water must be drunk daily to keep skin hydrated.
- It is essential you treat your skin with care and as advised.