Rebooking cancelled examinations
We are gradually rebooking dental examinations that have been cancelled due to COVID and are getting back to routine care as far as possible.
If you would like to book an appointment for a check up please call the surgery and we can book this for you. We will need to be discuss this over the telephone, so that we can complete our COVID pre-screening and inform you of our attendance procedure due to the current restrictions. As before we will be continuing to prioritise patients with urgent dental needs, children, vulnerable patients and patients that have had their care disrupted due to COVID.
We are working in a COVID safe environment with enhanced PPE, screening procedures for patients and staff ,air extraction systems as well as air purifiers though-out the practice. During these uncertain times it is so important that patients are able to access the care they need, we would urge patients to follow the prime minister’s advice to continue with your medical appointments during this time.
A reminder of the measures we have in place to keep you, your families, our team and the community safe :
- You will be asked to complete some forms online ahead of your appointment. This is very important that it is completed within 24hours of the appointment so we can provide everyones care safely and efficiency
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you are offered fewer options when scheduling your appointment
- We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you, as well as to reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time
How can you help keep us COVID Secure:
- Do not come to the practice if you have any symptoms of COVID or have been in contact with a positive case
- Please continue to arrive at the practice wearing a mask and with minimal belongings
- Use hand sanitiser when you enter and leave the practice. You will also find some in the reception area.
- Execpt for children and patients with carers, patients should come alone
- A distance of at least 2 metres must be observed
- Payment will be taken over the phone upon booking where possible
- If you show symptoms following appointment booking, don nt attend the practice and contact the practice by phone or email
- Please do not arrive early to the practice. If necessary, you should wait outside the practice
- Please do not arrive without an appointment
- The patients toilets at the practice will remain closed