Lip Augmentation Aftercare Instructions
- It is best to use cold compresses after lip augmentation —this will be effective for the first 48 hours.
- We suggest taking oral Arnica supplements to minimize bruising and to avoid anti-inflammatories such as green tea, fish oils, aspirin or Ibuprofen.
- Hot drinks and alcohol should be avoided for at least 24 hours after injections.
- Do not over massage the lip but gentle manipulation of small lumps is fine.
- Do not suck through straws or really purse lips for next 48 hours, just allow settling.
- It can take 2 weeks for small lumps & swelling to completely disappear, however if you are concerned prior to this please contact the clinic & we will be happy to advise you.