Hyaluronic acid fillers Post Treatment Advice
What to expect
- Give yourself time to rest and recover after you have received treatment.
- Immediately after treatment there may be some redness, tenderness or numbness, itching or bruising. This is a normal result of the injection and generally disappears after a few days.
- Following lip treatment, swelling may last longer – up to about a week. During this time the lips may look uneven, therefore the result directly after treatment should not be viewed as the final result.
- If any side effects last longer than a week, please contact us.
- You should avoid touching the treated area for six hours. This allows the small needle holes to close up thereby preventing infection.
- Do not expose the treated area to intense heat or extreme cold until the initial swelling and redness have settled. Please avoid saunas, Turkish baths and sunbeds/UV exposure for two weeks.
- Avoid applying make up for at least 12 hours.
- If you are taking Aspirin or similar medications, please be aware that you may bruise more easily. Please do not stop taking the medications that your G.P. has prescribed for you.
- How long the effect of hyaluronic acid filler treatment lasts is dependent on the individual. There are many factors to consider, such as the structure of your skin, your lifestyle and age. The procedure can be repeated as often as you like, although most patients choose to have follow up treatment after 6-12 months to maintain a fresh and youthful appearance.